Monday, June 20, 2005

What is trackback?

Did you notice the Trackback link at the bottom of lots of blogs? It is another remarkable feature of blogging. What it does is here:

Suppose that you discovered a nice post on my blog. You decided to write something on this. You wrote your posting on your own blog. And then you wanted me to know that you blogged on my post. To do this, you should send a trackback to my blog. The trackback includes your name and post's link.

After that, your post's link will be seen at the end of my post. So anyone who read my post will be able to jump to your blog, if he wishes.

Now it is time to explain, how to send a trackback. There is a very nice how-to faq on haloscan: http://www.haloscan.com/faq/faq.php?category_id=3. It is easy once you understand it...

No comments: